Friday, February 6, 2009

Mexico Fever


Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay - Mazatlan, Mexico


Every year in February Ed and I take a much needed week long trip to Mazatlan, Mexico. We get real tired of the snow and cold weather by then and want to get away to a much warmer climate. Ten years ago in 1998 we started going to Mazatlan and haven't missed a year since. We fell in love with the area, the people, and what's not to love about beautiful sandy beaches, 80 to 85 degree weather, and the pure succulence of sipping a cold fruit toddy by the swimming pool. So February is the month I go to the tanning salon for a start on my tan, starve myself for three weeks to lose and few inches to fit into a swimsuit, and start laying out my wardrobe.



The Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay is a gated resort set along Mexico's western coastline. Spanish ornate is combined with warm Mexican-style architecture.










Summer clothes to go through for Mexico trip...
anybody got another suitcase?

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Steph. That is going to be so dang fun. You guys do a lot of cool stuff, I think that's terrific. I love looking at your blog and staying in touch. Have fun in Mexico! Luv,Kevyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way too jealous! I wanna go! I always get into a rut at the end of Winter! THank goodness for the gym and tanning, otherwise you would have to put me on suicide watch! Spring Fever is in the air!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this is how you wanted it to be? K now add some new posts so I can commetn on them! Get creative! Add pictures of your house! It is so beautiful! We can't get enough of it! Or how about your clean basement that you have been working on. Or Ed and how cute he is in the morning! Hehehe just kidding, you are likely to get some colorful words or gestures if you try that! Have fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Matriarch - Muriel Heal Bywater

Matriarch - Muriel Heal Bywater
(2002) snow party picture of mom NEVER TOO COLD OR TOO OLD TO JOIN IN THE FUN!

Jen and Caden (14 months)

Jen and Caden (14 months)
this is one of my favorite of the earlier snow party's

The Parcell's (Feb 2008)

The Parcell's (Feb 2008)
another one of my favorites!

Ed's Snow Taxi (Jan 2009)

Ed's Snow Taxi (Jan 2009)
"All Aboard" Ed hauls another load up the top of the hill for a sleigh ride down

Colton, McKenzie, Carson, & Caden

Colton, McKenzie, Carson, & Caden
(Dec 2002) soooo cute and then they grow up

Sparky, Jeff and Ellen Johnson Dec 1992

Sparky, Jeff and Ellen Johnson Dec 1992
I love tthis one! I think Sparky loved it as much as anyone.

Jeff Johnson and Sparky

Jeff Johnson and Sparky
(2004) the last snow party Jeff attended, we'll always remember this one especially

Sam, Jessica, & Rocky

Sam, Jessica, & Rocky
(Jan 2009) "the Arizonian's visiting Utah's snow country

Cody and Dick Pearce

Cody and Dick Pearce
"now there's two of a kind" (Jan 2009)