Friday, March 6, 2009

From Sun and Fun to Cold and Snow!


Mexican dancers perform at the La Casa Country

LaRell and Lyle Burton, Stephanie and Ed Johnson dine at
Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan

Stephanie & Ed showing a little skin at the pool

What a great week we had in Mazatlan Mexico! We felt like we had traveled to a far off country. The morning of February 23, we left SLC airport at 7:10am and arrived in Mazatlan Mexico at 12:00 noon. The temp was 85 degrees sunny and humid (which made my skin feel like I just had a hydrating treatment) We pretty much laid around by the pool, ate, shopped in town or bartered with the peddlers on the beach and visited with friends we have made over the years. The money exchange rate was 140 pesos equal to $10.00. The best we have seen in the 20 years. We found a new little shopping center called Cerritos, pretty much has same stuff to buy as anywhere else, but had some fun little sidewalk cafe's that had great food. We found a cute little restaurant to eat breakfast, over looking the beach full of wave surfers. It was fun watching them surf the wakes and swim back out and wait for another big one. There was an out door shower they would use after to wash all the salt off of their boards and bodies. The evenings began with beautiful sun sets that took our breath away and set the mood for dining and long conversations and midnight walks on the beach.......although we skipped some of those late walks for an earlier hot bath and retire to the bedroom. A decision I didn't particularly think I made any sacrifice for. Sorry a little too much information for some........I'm willing to elaborate for others for a small price. HeHe! You would too, if you were on the verge of bankruptcy! Anyway, back to the old grind, more cold snowy March weather ahead. We were so grateful to have been able to vacation to such a beautiful place, but there really isn't any better place to come home to than our own beautiful valley and our own comfy bed. Looking forward to next year same time same place.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a blast and that you were WARM!!!! I am so jealous! Wish we could get a break up here...it is supposed to snow tomorrow! Do you think I could convince Dusty to create a tradition like Mexico every February? Any pointers on how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go down one year and end up buying a timeshare. We haven't ever wanted to go anywhere else. If your serious I know of one that is available for only $2,500 for another 10 years at the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. We have a week there as well as the Emerald Bay. That is a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds absolutely perfect! And yes TMI! Just kidding! I am glad to see the passion is still there after so many years together! Love your pictures! You should not look that good in a bikini! Grandmas are supposed to wear one peice suits that have a skirt to the knee! hehehe.... SOOOOO just kidding! You look amazing! I am craving that warm weather and I can't wait until next year when I can see it all for my own eyes!!!!! Glad your back! Thank you so much for the break you gave me and Nick! No kids for almost 24 hours was divine. I missed them just enough to start fresh and less stressed! They all had a great time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph, I'm so glad you had such a great time. I missed you! I'm happy you and Christie and I are pals again. It's been so fun catching up on your lives. The pictures were great, and you looked way tooooo good. You and Ed are such a good looking couple. I was wondering how your trip was, so it was so fun to read it on your blog. Luv, Kevyn

    ReplyDelete

Matriarch - Muriel Heal Bywater

Matriarch - Muriel Heal Bywater
(2002) snow party picture of mom NEVER TOO COLD OR TOO OLD TO JOIN IN THE FUN!

Jen and Caden (14 months)

Jen and Caden (14 months)
this is one of my favorite of the earlier snow party's

The Parcell's (Feb 2008)

The Parcell's (Feb 2008)
another one of my favorites!

Ed's Snow Taxi (Jan 2009)

Ed's Snow Taxi (Jan 2009)
"All Aboard" Ed hauls another load up the top of the hill for a sleigh ride down

Colton, McKenzie, Carson, & Caden

Colton, McKenzie, Carson, & Caden
(Dec 2002) soooo cute and then they grow up

Sparky, Jeff and Ellen Johnson Dec 1992

Sparky, Jeff and Ellen Johnson Dec 1992
I love tthis one! I think Sparky loved it as much as anyone.

Jeff Johnson and Sparky

Jeff Johnson and Sparky
(2004) the last snow party Jeff attended, we'll always remember this one especially

Sam, Jessica, & Rocky

Sam, Jessica, & Rocky
(Jan 2009) "the Arizonian's visiting Utah's snow country

Cody and Dick Pearce

Cody and Dick Pearce
"now there's two of a kind" (Jan 2009)