Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Just A Farmer"


To this man, I pay tribute to. He came into my life when Nick was just 4 years old. He told me, he wanted to love us and take care of us. He has always been there for us in every way. At the early age of 15, he lost his father. He found out at that point in his life, the responsibilities that lies in providing a foundation for a family. He was the oldest of three boys and faced hardships and challenges most adult men don't ever confront. He knew he had to take care of his family! There was never any question, any uncertainty or doubt in his mind. A man of hard work, honesty, loyalty and above all, a man of love. He raised two wonderful boys, for which I know they both grew to know of the importance of providing for each of their families. It is his simple and unpretentious love that is reflected in each of his boys, Jeff and Nick. I watched them grow into men of principles, purpose, and unconditional love for their own families. So it is the farmer and cultivator, that prepares the earth for the seeds to grow and propagate. What a beautiful family we have become because of this farmer's care and nurturing. Job well done! Happy Father's Day, we love you!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day Eddie, hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's day Ed. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you. I have always considered you one of my dads. A kid can never have to many dads trust me I know. I hope you are feeling better and taking it easy a little bit.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Ed,
    You are a wonderful man and I'm very lucky to call you my uncle. You have always treated me like I was a daughter of yours and the fun memories of us getting together at you home or Lake Powell will always be something I will cherish and remember.
    Thanks for everything and I hope you feel better soon. <3 ya lots Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph,what great tribute you have written to your husband and your father. I hope Ed is doing much better now! Luv, Kevyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Fathers day! You are a great man with many great qualities! It is late, but I am saying thank you to you instead of getting some sleep!I did pay omage on the actual day, but hey why not again! You are great in many many ways! We love you and are glad to have you in our lives!

    ReplyDelete

Matriarch - Muriel Heal Bywater

Matriarch - Muriel Heal Bywater
(2002) snow party picture of mom NEVER TOO COLD OR TOO OLD TO JOIN IN THE FUN!

Jen and Caden (14 months)

Jen and Caden (14 months)
this is one of my favorite of the earlier snow party's

The Parcell's (Feb 2008)

The Parcell's (Feb 2008)
another one of my favorites!

Ed's Snow Taxi (Jan 2009)

Ed's Snow Taxi (Jan 2009)
"All Aboard" Ed hauls another load up the top of the hill for a sleigh ride down

Colton, McKenzie, Carson, & Caden

Colton, McKenzie, Carson, & Caden
(Dec 2002) soooo cute and then they grow up

Sparky, Jeff and Ellen Johnson Dec 1992

Sparky, Jeff and Ellen Johnson Dec 1992
I love tthis one! I think Sparky loved it as much as anyone.

Jeff Johnson and Sparky

Jeff Johnson and Sparky
(2004) the last snow party Jeff attended, we'll always remember this one especially

Sam, Jessica, & Rocky

Sam, Jessica, & Rocky
(Jan 2009) "the Arizonian's visiting Utah's snow country

Cody and Dick Pearce

Cody and Dick Pearce
"now there's two of a kind" (Jan 2009)